Thursday, June 7, 2012

Coach Profile- Dustin Duncan

Coach Dustin "owling"
  • Where are you originally from?
    • I am from Chicago, Illinois! 3-1-2 you guys! Chi-town forever!
  • Where did you graduate from? What did you major in?
    • I graduated from University of Illinois where I majored in Political Science.
  • What brought you to College Forward?
    • I wanted to have the chance to help students who were similar to my background. I am a first-generation college student and I know firsthand the challenges I faced when I was applying to college.
  • What is your favorite thing about working here?
    • I love the environment we work in. We have a lot of freedom in the office to construct our own class plans and the students that we work with give us the respect that we need to be able to facilitate a class.
  • If you could describe College Forward in 5 words, what would they be?
    • Energetic, Tiring, Worthwhile, Inspiring, Goal-oriented
  • What has been your biggest accomplishment at College Forward thus far?
    • I think it would have to be my ACT prep with my class that paid off. A lot of my students improved significantly from their ACT Diagnostic to the actual ACT test.
  • What is your favorite thing about living in Houston?
    • I live in the Montrose area and so I have access to a bunch of parks, museums, and restaurants. So I mainly love my locations, because as a native Chicagoan- I love to walk everywhere.
  • What is your favorite food?
    • I love steak. And I make it in my apartment. And I get it from Kroger.
  • What kind of music do you listen to?
    • I can listen to anything except classical. What I'm currently listening to right now- as my coworkers can hear through my headphones- is Drake. He's my homie.
  • What is your favorite place to go in Houston?
    • Hermann Park. GTL! Or more like GLT. I like to gym it, laundry it up, and then tan.
  • Do you have any talents or hobbies?
    • I have extremely stretchy skin (seriously I need to see a doctor) and I can do insane back flips as I tumbled as a kid!
  • And last but not least- what advice would you give to future coaches?
    • Make sure you dedicate time getting to know your students. Because you'll be surprised to find out how much of a force you'll be to them during their school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment