Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Coach Profile- Christi Garza

Coach Christi at work!
  • Where are you originally from?
    • I am originally from San Antonio, Texas. Born and raised!
  • Where did you graduate from? What did you major in?
    • I graduated from Texas A&M San Antonio with a degree in Sociology.
  • What brought you to College Forward?
    • College access has always been something that has interested me, and knowing that I would be able to assist students who wanted to further their education definitely made the choice easy.
  • What is your favorite thing about working here?
    • My students definitely! Watching them go through the process and seeing their excitement over acceptance letters is probably the most rewarding aspect.
  • If you could describe College Forward in 5 words, what would they be?
    • Fun, Challenging, Changing, Rewarding, and Diverse
  • What has been your biggest accomplishment at College Forward thus far?
    • Getting to know my students personally and having them know that they can depend on me.
  • What is your favorite thing about living in Houston?
    • I would have to say the diversity...not to mention the tons of different food places to try.
  • What is your favorite food?
    • I love steak (medium rare) with some steamed veggies. I am a food lover, so I'll pretty much eat anything, or at least try it once.
  • What kind of music do you listen to?
    • Everything and anything- from Country to Modern Rock to Spanish Rock to DnB to Electronica to whatever is playing on the radio. For the most part, I'm never without my headphones.
  • What is your favorite place to go in Houston?
    • Hermann Park- it's an awesome place to go for a jog, relax in the sun or just take in the day.
  • Do you have any talents or hobbies?
    • Well, when I'm at home, in San Antonio, I enjoy hiking and running trails. You could also do that in Houston, but you do have to drive a good distance.
  • What is your favorite restaurant in Houston?
    • As I've only been to a few, I'd have to say Lupe's Tortillas or Torchy's Tacos!
  • And last but not least- what advice would you give to future coaches?
    • Have fun, enjoy working with the kids, don't take things too seriously, and most of all they're teenagers, so embrace their immaturity but push them to do anything and everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment