Thursday, April 26, 2012

Coach Profile- Natalie Hanson

Coach Natalie at MLK Service Day
  • Where are you originally from?
    • Minnesota. But I wish I was from Mexico. Seriously.
  • Where did you graduate from? What did you major in?
    • I graduated from the University of Minnesota- Twin Cities where I majored in Physiology.
  • What brought you to College Forward?
    • I wanted to do AmeriCorps and I wanted to work directly with people and have more of a relationship instead of doing opportunities where it would be just a "desk job."
  • What is your favorite thing about working here?
    • The people such as my students and co-workers.
  • If you could describe College Forward in 5 words, what would they be?
    • Challenging, creative, laughter, accomplishment, and dedication
  • What has been your biggest accomplishment at College Forward thus far?
    • Helping my 40+ students get into college
  • What is your favorite thing about living in Houston?
    • In Minnesota they don't sell papaya at the grocery store and they sell it here! So I love that Houston has papaya!
  • What is your favorite food?
    • SHIPLEY'S!!!  Xenia introduced me to their donuts and now I am obsessed.
  • What kind of music do you listen to?
    • Everything. My latest craze is Bassa Nova
  • What is your favorite place to go in Houston?
    • The Galleria. Specifically Sephora in The Galleria.
  • Do you have any talents or hobbies?
    • I like to sing and cook. I'm also a dancer.
  • What is your favorite restaurant in Houston?
    • My house!
  • And last but not least- what advice would you give to future coaches?
    • Read a lot of news, media, self-help books- whatever you can do to make yourself a really interesting person with lots to talk about so as to really entertain and engage your kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment