Monday, April 16, 2012

Coach Profile- Teanna Harris

Eisenhower Junior College Coach: Teanna Harris
  • Where are you originally from?
    • I am originally from Portland, Oregon but was raised in Houston, Texas.
  • Where did you graduate from and what did you major in?
    • I graduated from Texas A&M University WHOOP!
  • What brought you to College Forward?
    • I came to College Forward with the hopes of affecting young people much like myself when I was in high school, students who are not particularly familiar with or exposed to the process of getting into college but are determined to succeed in that process.
  • What is your favorite thing about working here?
    • My favorite thing has ABSOLUTELY got to be working with my students, the highlight of each week is spending those four hours in a classroom directly with my students, hearing about their week and their ever evolving dreams and aspirations as they plan their future.
  • If you could describe College Forward in 5 words, what would they be?
    • Evolving, fun, committed, supportive, and challenging.
  • What has been your biggest accomplishment at College Forward thus far?
    • My greatest accomplishment thus far has been helping my students expand their notion of what college has to offer them, and assisting them in whatever way I can to bring that dream or goal to fruition.
  • What is your favorite thing about living in Houston?
    • I love the parks in Houston, on one of our many beautiful days I enjoy just taking my dog for a walk or having lunch in the park with a friend.
  • What is your favorite food?
    • I absolutely love Italian food and there are so many great options in Houston for all types of cuisine.
  • What kind of music do you listen to?
    • I really enjoy hip hop and soul music, I occasionally mix it up with some country music.
  • What is your favorite place to go in Houston?
    • I often visit the museums and the zoo in Houston, I am still very much a child on the inside so the Children's Museum has to be my favorite.
  • Do you have any talents or hobbies?
    • I have a talent for shopping...which could also be my hobby but in my spare time I really enjoy reading a good book or going for a swim
  • What is your favorite restaurant in Houston?
    • I really love Grande Luxe and Ruggles on the Green, the food is fresh and delicious and they have so many options, they are both also located in shopping centers, coincidence I think not.
  • And last but not least- what advice would you give to future coaches?
    • Make your students' goals your goals for your time with College Forward, commit yourself to their success and achievements and you will feel that you have served your term successfully and your students will benefit greatly from your commitment to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment